
Q: Kristen, what was it about the role of Snow White – such an iconic role – that attracted you to the project in the first place?
Kristen Stewart: I always wanted to find something where I could really challenge myself physically, I really like that… Charlize is really like me, we really will hurt ourselves for the job. I like that opportunity. But what I really dug about this was you’ve got someone who has the gusto, and as an audience member you take a lot of satisfaction in watching her kick ass. But she’s not a dude, she remains so sort of steady, we’re not built to be physically strong – it’s all about the fact you have to be smarter than someone, you have to be quicker…
Charlize Theron: I’m a man in heels, basically…
KS: I hate girl power movies where the people you’re rooting for are not girls, and that was why this movie really attracted me.
Q: Now Chris, you are known for your action and you’ve swapped Thor’s hammer for an axe this time round – let’s talk about some of the action sequences. Did you get your teeth stuck in?
Chris Hemsworth: Er, no – I got my nose busted, by Kristen, actually. This is the first time we’ve met since that and I prefer her sitting at that end of the table.
GLAMOUR.com: Kristen, you already touched upon the fact that Snow White’s a warrior, that’s she really tough but she has this kind of vulnerable side. Which side did you prefer playing and which side do you relate to more?
KS: It’s a tough one because… Nothing’s that simple. Every time Snow White needs to get up and do something active, and not be crippled by fear and turn into this really forward thing – I mean, I’m in to that. Like I said, one of the things I wanted to do was see how far I could push this. The reason they hire these big, huge hurly dudes [for action roles] is because it’s hard…
CT: Stop talking about me Kristen!
Sam Claflin: Was that the reason I got the job? The first thing he said was, ‘Sam, go to the gym’.
Q: There’s a lot of sexual tension in the film, but there are actually only two kisses – one of them dead and one of them fake. Was the idea to leave the audience, kind of, on the edge of their seat wanting more?
CT: Actually, we all made-out with each other… So when Chris kissed her, I was making out with Kristen through your mouth!
MC: yes, that was the best day of my life.
CT: How was I Kristen?
KS: Uhh...
Q: Chris – you’ve got a Scottish accent throughout the film – was that hard for you, given you’re Australian?
CH: Er, yeah, it was. We sort of talked about a few different sounds and things and the biggest thing being I didn’t want to do an English mid-Atlantic thing as it was too close to Thor and with the advantage of it being a fictional world that was where it landed. It’s just the warmth and feeling of the accent. I find it’s a bit like the costume – you’d put it on and you’d find ‘ah, this is something I can grab on to’ then kind of it took on a life of its own and I loved the music of it, it’s very earthly, and the sound and the accent, and he was a man of the woods so it was fitting.
KS: He’s so not like us – if he sounded just like us – it made us more aware…
Q: Rupert – why was Kristen the perfect choice to play Snow White?
Rupert Sanders: I looked at a lot of actors, unknown and known, and when we met Kristen we saw someone who was spirited, she’s a bit like a wild horse, hard to hold down, and I like that, you know? I think that the Snow White character couldn’t be demure – she needed to be someone tough. She’s an unusual person and that’s what’s so great about her playing this character, she’s got a craziness to her that I think is right to the character.
Q: What was the scariest thing about making this film?
KS: Riding a horse. The dynamic between horse and rider is so NOT for me. Don’t put a saddle on him, put him in a pasture, I want to watch him run around – I’ll run with him! But it’s cool to watch people genuinely uncomfortable on-screen.
CH: I reckon the most uncomfortable with the horse-riding scenes – there was one shot where we needed the cameras to have a close-up of Kristen on the horse and it was like the first day of shooting, so in order to do that, they had a mechanical horse and we all arrived on set and all these Spanish horse riders and horsemen had been brought in, so it was all very professional, and here are the actors, let’s see what you’ve got, and I married a Spanish woman, and you know, why do you deserve her, and so I walked in and said ‘where’s the horse?’ And that’s it, the half a mechanical horse, and then we’re on this thing, doing this [mimics rocking back and forth] and you couldn’t have felt more ridiculous. That was one of the scary parts. It hurt my pride!
Q: Chris – apart from the nose – were there any other injuries?
CH: This was more exhausting than anything I’ve ever done before because we know what’s on the green screen, temperature control and sound stage… Sam and I both, at one point – it was just one scene riding on horseback. And when you fly on in there with a couple of hundred behind you and jump off the horse at the last second and charge in. We didn’t rehearse this and then ACTION! And then we take off and Sam’s a little bit in front of me and I just remember seeing his foot getting caught in the stirrup as he tried to jump off and he went…
S: I was in full armour, okay? … I just remember, after smacking my face on the floor, hearing Rupert go CARRY ON! And I was like ‘mate, I can’t get up!’ and Chris is trying to help and honestly it was a comedy sketch.
KS: And if he lifted his arm up, even above shoulder height, he would knock the side of his head.
S: Honestly, comedy gol
Source | vonch | FierceBitchStew
Search
Follow us on Twitter
Archives
-
▼
2012
(4369)
-
▼
May
(790)
- More HQ Pictures of Rob from Cosmopolis Paris Scre...
- More New Pictures of Kristen Arriving in NYC May 3...
- Kristen Talks to E! About Charlize and Babysitting
- Elle US Outtakes (Non Scans)
- New Outtakes of Kristen from ELLE France
- SWATH Reviews
- Sam Claflin Talks About Kristen Some More
- New Kristen Interview with Attack of the Show from...
- NEW R/K Cannes Vid~'There is No Me If I Don't Have...
- Kristen and Rob in OK Magazine Philippines June Is...
- Sam Claflin Talks About Kristen, First Day on Set,...
- Kristen Talks About MMAs Best Kiss
- PopSugar's 'I'm a Huge Fan' Part 2 w/ @londonstew
- New Kristen Interview with Fandango from SWATH UK ...
- Rob at Cosmopolis Berlin Premiere
- New Kristen Interview with Xpose from SWATH UK Pre...
- New Pictures of Kristen at ABC Studios for Live wi...
- Rob, David Cronenberg, Paul Giamatti and Sarah Gad...
- New Rob Interview with Ciné Télé Revue (Belgium) (...
- 9 NEW Amazing Cosmopolis Clips
- NEW Cannes Rob Vid~'Call Me Maybe'
- NEW Kristen Vid~'I Think I Love You Better Now'
- Kristen on Live with Kelly
- Kristen on The Today Show 5.31.12
- Wyck Godfrey talks about BD-Part 2, MMAs Best Kiss...
- New Kristen Interview with Collider from SWATH Mex...
- More HQ Pictures of Kristen at the SWATH LA Screen...
- New Kristen Interview with 20 minutes (Switzerland...
- New HQ Pictures of Rob in Paris May 30, 2012
- Sad News: Robert Pattinson won't be attending this...
- Tons More New Fan Pictures and Videos + Fan Accoun...
- New Kristen Interview with CLTV from SWATH UK Pres...
- Rob Pic of the Day
- Kristen Pic of the Day
- Robsten Pic of the Day
- Robsten Vid of the Day~'I Won't Give Up on Us' fro...
- Kristen's First ET Interview
- Complete MTV Sneak Peek Q & A Video
- New Kristen Interview with Telefe Noticias (Argent...
- Kristen Interview with Cinemania (Scans + Translat...
- Sam Claflin Talks About Kristen with Den of Geek
- More from Rob's Interview with USA Today
- New Kristen Interview with MTV At the Movies from ...
- New Kristen and Cast Interviews with Celebuzz from...
- New Kristen Interview with Wiki Entertainment from...
- New Pictures and Video of Kristen Arriving in NYC ...
- Another Cosmopolis Q & A with Rob and David Cronen...
- More Videos from Cinemax Final Cut: SWATH
- New Clip from SWATH: "In the Snow"
- Kristen Talks About On the Road with Marc Malkin
- Kristen at the SWATH LA Screening Part 2
- New/Old MQ outtakes from the 2009 Nylon photo shoot
- Kristen, Sam and Garrett in People Magazine - New ...
- Rob at the Screening of Cosmopolis in Paris
- Rob on LePetite Journal May 30, 2012
- Popsugar's 'I'm a Huge Fan' Part 1 Video with Kristen
- New Kristen Interview with Bravo.De from SWATH Ber...
- New Kristen Interview with MSN Wonderwall from SWA...
- Videos of Kristen at the SWATH After Party Last Night
- New Pictures of Kristen at LAX
- MTV 'Behind the Scenes' Spots with the SWATH Cast
- Ellen Contest Winners Meet the Cast of Snow White ...
- New Rob Interview with Shortlist Magazine
- Videos of Rob on the Red Carpet at Cosmopolis Port...
- New Kristen and Cast Interviews with Empire Magazine
- New Cosmopolis Clip - We Die on Weekends
- New Pictures of Rob from the Photocall/Press Confe...
- New Rob Interview with Fun Radio (France) from Cos...
- NEW R/K Vid~'Cannes~A Moment Like This' from thebe...
- 3 NEW Kristen Vids from @KStewRPattzxx @JennProdz ...
- NEW Rob Video~Rocking Cannes-Mecca
- NEW R/K Cannes Vid~'The Sweetest Words Remain'
- More New Pictures of Rob with Fans in Portugal May...
- New Picture and Interview of Rob from Portugal + T...
- New Rob Interview with STV from Cosmopolis Cannes ...
- More New Pictures of Rob at the Cosmopolis Portuga...
- Eddie Marsan Talks About SWATH Cast and Says "Kris...
- MTV Sneak Peek
- Rob Pic of the Day
- Kristen Pic of the Day
- Robsten Pic of the Day
- Robsten Vid of the Day~'One Love, One Life' from @...
- 2 More Cannes R/K Vids~from @HoneyBuzy and @melg0510
- New Kristen Intro on SWATH Mexican TV Spot
- Kristen at SWATH Screening in LA
- Rob at Cosmopolis Portugal Premiere: Pictures and ...
- Sam Spruell Talks About Kristen: "She is a very co...
- Kristen Talks About SWATH Sequel to Marc Malkin
- New Cosmopolis BTS and On Set Interviews from ET C...
- Kristen and Sam on SWATH MTV Sneak Peek
- New Kristen Interview with Prodigy MSN from SWATH ...
- New Short Video from Inside Cosmopolis Cannes Scre...
- New Fan Pictures of Kristen from OTR Premiere Afte...
- New/Old Fan Video of Rob from BD Paris Fan Event
- New Cosmopolis HQ Still + Win Tickets to Cosmopoli...
- New Kristen Interview with Sweety High from SWATH ...
- New SWATH BTS: Heroine and Enchanted Forest
- New Kristen Interview with STV from OTR Cannes Pre...
- Cinemax Final Cut: SWATH
- Last Part of Kristen's Interview with VH1 from SWA...
- SWATH on the Cover of FB Weekly June, 2012
- Kristen and Charlize Cover Interview Magazine June...
- David Cronenberg Talks About Rob and "Map to the S...
- New Rob Interview from Cosmopolis Cannes Press Junket
- New Pictures of Rob Sightseeing in Portugal Today
- New Cosmopolis Clip
- New Picture + Quotes of Rob in Portugal Today
- Rob Interview with Diario de Noticias (Scan + Tran...
- New Pictures of Rob with Fans in Lisbon, Portugal ...
- NEW R/K Vids~'My Love is Too Big For You' from @Li...
- 6 NEW R/K Vids~Cannes Love
- NEW Rob Vid~You Made Me Love You~Cannes Then & Now
- NEW Kristen Vid~Unique in the World (A recap of May)
- More New Pictures of Kristen at the OTR Cannes Pre...
- New Kristen Interview with Espectacualar TV from S...
- Charlize Talks Kristen & SWATH with Dazed Digital
- Kristen's OTR Cannes Roundtable Interview
- New Rob Interview with Pure Channel from Cosmopoli...
- New picture of Rob with Jules Stewart and Tom Wrig...
- Rob at Cosmopolis Portugal Press Conference
- 3 New Kristen Interview from SWATH Berlin Press Ju...
- Rob Pic of the Day
- Kristen Pic of the Day
- Robsten Pic of the Day
- Robsten Vid of the Day~'When You Love Someone'
- More New HQ Pictures of Rob from Cosmopolis Cannes...
- New Kristen Interview with ET from SWATH UK Press ...
- New Kristen Interview with Chicago Sun Times
-
▼
May
(790)
Powered by Blogger.



